суббота, 18 октября 2014 г.

Faking a Fall Vigette


I was fortunate to be able to participate in this project with a group of very talented bloggers who all created Fall themed decor.
http://www.hometalk.com/hashtags?filter=%23Ho...


I live in a coastal area where we don't have much Fall foliage. But Fall is my favorite season. And so I was forced to make my way down to the local Dollar Store, and all I came out with was some measly white squash. It seemed to me that the powers that be were conspiring against me and did not want me to celebrate Fall.


faking a fall vigette, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor




I chose to use an old drawer that I had converted into a tray. I had painted it to look like a backgammon design. I took my squash and painted them a little to give them some depth. And then it was time to create.


faking a fall vigette, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor




I used items found in nature such as pine cones, dry leaves and of course the pumpkins, and only added the fake white mini-squash to offset the darker colors.


faking a fall vigette, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor




This vignette now sits proudly displayed on my coffee table. Because let's face it, unless I go hiking up to the mountains, I will not be finding any Fall here on the coast. I do believe I did a pretty good job of it. Do you agree with me?


faking a fall vigette, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor





Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/10703431/faking-a-fall-vigette site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий